Vesalius Museum . Leuven
Sergison Bates architects . Studio Roma
Known in Leuven as the old hospital site Sint-Pieters en Sint-Rafaël we are transforming and re-purposing the former Pathology Institute, designed by Vincent Lenertz and built in 1906, into a Museum of Anatomy. Formerly a place of teaching as part of University Hospital it is now a Listed Monument.
We plan to make a collection of ‘Good Rooms’ connected room by room and via a new circulation space added to the rear facade in the manner of a multi-storey glazed conservatory.
_