0

Herzog & de Meuron

Küppersmühle Museum | Grothe Collection . Duisburg

Herzog & de Meuron . Küppersmühle Museum  Grothe Collection . Duisburg (20)

Herzog & de Meuron . photos: © Margherita Spiluttini

The Küppersmühle is an imposing brickwork building erected by Joseph Weiss and the Kiefer Brothers between 1908 and 1916. Even in today’s changed urban landscape, the building in the north of Duisburg still functions as a striking metropolitan landmark. It is the most important historical structure in the inner harbour and is being remodeled after a master plan by the English architect, Norman Foster. Today the Küppersmühle houses a museum with an exhibition area of ca. 4,850sqm, restaurant catering of ca. 920sqm and service areas of 5,480sqm. The museum contains part of Hans Grothe’s collection: German postwar art, in particular the work of Polke, Baselitz, Lüpertz, Penck, Richter, Darboven, Kiefer, Horn, Trockel, Immendorff and Rückriem. Continue reading Herzog & de Meuron